At Pierce Private Day School, we are Christian and traditional in our approach to education. We teach the A Beka® Curriculum, starting at age two. A Beka® is dedicated to providing a quality education from a Christian perspective.
Additional Educational Programs Include:
Baby Signs® – A sign language program to help parents and caregivers understand what your baby wants or needs, as well as allows babies a communication outlet.
Fun With Fitness – Our exclusive health and fitness program created to challenge children with different physical activities every day.
Kindergarten Club – Our Kindergarten Readiness program allows Pre-Kindergarten children a brief look into Kindergarten through a series of learning activities and interactive practices to better prepare them for their transition into Kindergarten.
Private Kindergarten – Small class sizes offering individualized attention, creating a solid foundation for first grade.
A Beka Curriculum
At Pierce Private Day School, we are proud to teach the A Beka® Curriculum, starting at age two. A Beka® is dedicated to providing quality education from a Christian perspective. At Pierce, we are Christian and traditional in our approach to education. A Beka® skilled researchers do primary research in every subject and look at the subject from God’s point of view.
Of course, the most original source is always the Word of God, which is the only foundation for true scholarship in any area of human endeavor. Thus A Beka® publications are built upon the firm foundation of Scriptural truth and are written by dedicated and talented Christian scholars who are well grounded in the practical aspects of teaching. You can trust A Beka® for excellence.
The Baby Signs® program is a natural baby sign language that allows infants and their parents or caregivers to use simple signs to communicate important things (like being hungry or thirsty, hot or cold, afraid or sad), often a full year before babies could otherwise talk. Two decades of research has demonstrated that the Baby Signs® program has dramatic benefits, including decreasing frustration for babies and caregivers, enriching the parent-child bond, boosting emotional development, helping babies talk sooner, even raising IQ.
10 Steps to Baby Sign Success:
- Start with just a few signs. Choosing a few means you, as well as your baby, are more likely to remember them. “Eat,” “drink,” and “more” are good starter signs.
- Always use the sign and the word together. Seeing the sign and hearing the word together helps your baby make the connection.
- Repeat the sign and the word. Be sure your baby is watching, and then quickly repeat the sign and word combination several times.
- Point when possible. If the sign you’re using stands for an object, point to the object while saying the word and making the sign.
- Guide your baby’s hands. If you feel it necessary, gently guide you baby’s hands, but don’t expect perfection. Babies’ motor skills are limited.
- Make signing a part of your daily activities. Add reminders of the signs you are teaching to your daily routine (i.e., a rubber duck in the bath tub or flower stickers on your baby’s high chair).
- Watch for opportunities. Be on the lookout for things to talk about with signs. More examples mean faster learning.
- Be flexible. The sign doesn’t have to look exactly right for you to understand what your baby is trying to communicate. Be sure to watch for your baby’s own creations.
- Be patient. The younger your baby, the longer it will take to learn a sign.
- Make signing fun. Encourage your baby often. Have fun together and enjoy the magic that using baby signs will bring.
Fun With Fitness
Parachute Play, the Hokey Pokey, yoga, dancing and relay races…what could be better ways for children to stay fit? Fun With Fitness, our health and fitness program was created to do just that. The children have fun and are challenged with different physical activities every day while learning about their bodies, nutrition and healthy food choices.
Creating a healthy lifestyle in a hectic and hurried world has become a priority for today’s families. We want to partner with you in that endeavor with Fun With Fitness, a daily educational program that is both fun and stimulating for children. In addition to daily physical activities like those noted above, children will try healthy, new recipes that they prepare themselves in the classroom. Children will also learn about the food pyramid, eating a balanced diet, making good food choices and the importance of drinking water and milk.
Our Fun With Fitness curriculum is utilized throughout all of our classrooms. It is introduced in the infant room and continues throughout the Toddler and Preschool programs through the implementation of age-appropriate physical activities. The entire family is included in the fun and learning, too! Each week, healthy recipes and suggested activities are sent home for the family to be involved in together.
Every two weeks the children will have a new themed session to explore different physical activities. These sessions include:
- Fitness for Fun Boot Camp
- Dynamite Dances
- Relay Fun
- Yoga Mania
- Super Ball Fun
We want children to appreciate the fun that comes with fitness while we educate their minds to make healthy choices. By starting exercise and health education at a young age we are instilling a lifelong commitment to a healthy lifestyle.